Day 2 of CHALLENGE A Supermoon in my backyard

Since there was a "Supermoon" last night, I could not pass up the opportunity to take pictures of it. It was peeking through the trees in the forest called our backyard. It seemed to be a little orangey when it came up then turn into a moon you'd imagine if you were reading a storybook. There was alot of fog in the air so it became a mysterious moon. I wondered what the big deal was so I decided to research what exactly a Supermoon is. Well here's what I came up with. We all know the Moon orbits the Earth, but apparently the orbit is elliptical rather than round. When the Moon is closest it is called a 'lunar perigee' and called a supermoon. A supermoon along with the sun, just like any other time, can effect low and high tides. The tides being a little stronger in supermoon mode. The moons visibility is at its greatest during a supermoon and the last time it showed itself off was 18 years ago. Did you peek your head out the window or door to see it? Here are some pictures of it, Enjoy! Ciao'

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! I see you are from Fort Wayne too! So cool! I moved here in July, so pretty new to me still, but I like it here! Hope you have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina - thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your moon pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christina,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) LOL to your comment too - esp. the Steel Magnolia's quote.
    I thot that moon was AWESOME! Glad you got pix of it.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! thanks for stopping by my blog! i'm already a couple days behind...but gonna try! gotta get my groove back! thanks for doing this!
    big hugs!
    ~amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Amy sooo glad to hear from you, this challenge is not so hard after all, but I do need to think about what I'm doing. Follow along and I'll be in touch the end date is April 19th, 2011

    ReplyDelete

Got a Positive Comment, well then leave it here~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...