A couple of weekends ago I thought Hmm, what should I make for everyone as a grazing snack, one we can pick at all day. So I looked at what I had in the fridge and whipped this up. I call it Cheesy Chicken Dip with Mini Croissants. It was so yummy, you have to try it!!
Here are the ingredients with measurements:
- Garlic Salt 1 tsp.
- Onion Powder 1 tsp.
- Ground Black Pepper 1 tsp.
- Sea Salt 1 tsp.
- Margarine 1 tbsp.
- 2 slices American Cheese (for creaminess)
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Whipped Cream Cheese 3 tbsp.
- Sour Cream 2 tbsp.
Directions for Mini Croissants:
- Preheat Oven to prepackaged directions
- After rolling out dough cut Croissants into mini triangles about an inch in diameter with pizza cutter, so easy that way!!
- Spread out onto cookie sheet and put into preheated oven. Bake for ONLY a couple of minutes they bake very fast. Mine took about 3-4 minutes so watch the stove the whole time or they will burn. Shown below is what they look like when they come out, puffed and crispy on the bottom. You don’t even have to use a spatula, you just tap the cookie sheet against the top of stove and they pop off.
Now for the Cheese Dip Directions:
- Start adding butter, milk, whipped cream cheese and sour cream, stir with whisk until no lumps left, then dump Fiesta Cheese bag, American Cheese, and Parmesan cheese into pot and bring up to medium high heat, stir until all incorporated.
- Next add chicken chunks, stir again.
- Lastly add in the salt, pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder
- Cook until all the way melted and hot
Quote of the Day:
If we find a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson