- Rice Krispies 5 cups (I got the big Family size so I only used half of the box)
- Jet-Puffed Marshmallows /1 bag
- Nestle’ Toll House Chocolate Chunks /1 small bag (I wanted the semi-melted texture)
- Honey Grahams (I got Walmarts brand, this is your choice) I used enough for 1 1/4 cups crushed grahams
- 3 Tblsp. Butter or Margarine. I used Blue Bonnet
- One Gallon sized baggie
- A measuring cup and a spoon
Open a package of graham crackers and break them in half. Add them to a gallon sized baggie. Now seal the bag and use the back of a spoon to break grahams into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces, there will be crumbs at the bottom of the bag.
Next Add your Marshmallows and melt away. Mix well sides and bottom so burning does not occur. This is probably my most favorite part, love fluff!!
Now add your Rice Krispies 5 cups Keep on low heat, Mix well.
Next you add your graham cracker pieces, try to pick the pieces out of the bag and leave the crumbs in the bag.
Turn off the heat, now you can add your Chocolate Chunks, mix just until incorporated. My second most favorite part, CHOCOLATE, yummy!!
Next, quickly add your Smore’s Rice Krispie Treats mixture to a baking dish/ pan and smooth till even.
Okay, so right about now I am not willing to give these bad boys away, but I guess I have to share. Reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon, down down down it’s mine mine mine. Funny. Here is the end result~ In the words of Rachel Ray ~Delish
The family’s tasting results are in, a resounding Yummmm, please make more, awesome, mmm, seconds please. You have got to make these Campfire Rice Krispie Treats, a different take on the same ole smore’s, so good!!!