Organizing Photos

This process is a little lengthy. What I have found is to just dive in and get started to keep the momentum going. I figured out an easy system anyone can do, low cost, and gets the photos out of the developing envelopes and shoeboxes that are typical storage for your photos. You get to show them off finally!! Here's the final product:
I started off by separating photos and memorabilia by child, me, hubby, family and pets. This was done over medium sized baskets and bins, for sorting out. Seen here:
** I am avid scrapbooker, but now do it digitally when I have the time. The problem I found with scrapbooking is that it made the process of getting photos into albums, take forever and I finally gave up. I tend to be a perfectionist, because afterall these are my photos and a 2 page layout would take me sometimes 3 hours with all of the cutting, pasting and such. Way to long. I really wanted my kids to see themselves whenever they wanted and no matter how many roles of film they were placed where they were visible. 


So I separated the photos and memorabilia then I sorted all of the memorabilia into a designated art/school/memorabilia file tote for each child and adult

I then put school photos, sports photos and anything oversized into 3-ring binders and page protectors, this is  a great system that you can move around easily if needed. 
Then I Got Photo Albums at Michaels craft storehttp://michaels.com/art/online/home that were 40% off at the time


They display 5~ 4x6 photos on each page
I then cut up sheets of beautiful patterned papers that are glitterized and foiled for my daughters scrapbook pages, they come in tablet form in 12x12 sheets and I cut them down to 8 1/2 x 11 size for the page protectors also at Michaels. The binders I've used you can customize with papers on the cover and a strip on the side and another sheet for the back. I did this for future scrapbooking and they have in tablet form the same type papers in 4x6 size, just rip one off and stick photo to it then to scrapbook page. Easy!!
Heres some of the pretty papers also found at Michaels craft store or Joanns www.joanns.com
How beautiful are these?
Heres a pic of all of them together
Another
Now a boys version
Well if you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them here. Thanks for looking and I hope that I have helped some of you out. 'Ciao PS My kids love to look at themselves now and not lost in the shuffle.



















1 comment:

  1. So creative! They look awesome. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Got a Positive Comment, well then leave it here~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...